Thursday, 21 April 2011

Week 1 and it’s a smorgasbord out there!

Levi's teacher 2010
Stuart MacKenzie

Today was incredible. Talk about a plethora of information. So much that needs to be understood and that which isn't understood needs to be researched. Could be overwhelming but Uni has taught me that I can learn anything, do anything & teach anything that I need to, as I am a lifelong learner. Today I even managed to keep up & to set everything up.
I've learnt about terms like Cloud Computing. It makes perfect sense to keep everything remotely in the "cloud" so to speak. I am excited to be learning about all the new technologies we discussed and using these technologies to aid classroom learning is exciting. My sons’ teacher is really technologically savvy and this is partly why his students are so engaged in learning. I see ICT's as being a vehicle to enhance learning and I am eager to learn about some more of the tools that can be used to engage my students and augment their learning in ways that they can relate to as the Digital Natives that they are (Prensky, 2001).


Reading Reflections


Readings this week provided numerous examples over the P-9 range of practical ideas for using ICT’s in the classroom (The State of Queensland, 2003). I also read the Smart Classrooms Professional Development Framework (2011). This framework shows teachers what they need to do in order to gain a Certificate, Licence or Licenced Advanced in the field of digital pedagogies.



PS From Week 6: What is the driving question for my blog? Maybe it’s: Where does technology fit into learning in the classroom and how did I come to this understanding?


References:

Prensky, M. (2001). Digital natives, digital immigrants. Retrieved from             http://www.marcprensky.com/writing/prensky%20-  %20digital%20natives,%20digital%20immigrants%20-%20part1.pdf     

The State of Queensland - Department of Education and Training. (2011). Smart Classrooms Professional Development Framework. Retrieved from     http://education.qld.gov.au/smartclassrooms/pdframework/

The State of Queensland. (2003). ICT’s for Learning years 4-9 practical ideas for teachers. Retrieved from http://www.zagami.info/4001EPS/Readings/Entries/2011/2/28_Week_1.html

The State of Queensland. (2003). ICT’s for Learning years P-3 practical ideas for teachers. Retrieved from http://www.zagami.info/4001EPS/Readings/Entries/2011/2/28_Week_1.html


1 comment:

  1. Hi Jason,

    Just so you know I did not do all this in one day. To get my posts in order I had to create new ones and copy stuff across and then get rid of the old ones that where messed up in the Blog Archive list. I have been blogging and editing on and off since the first week.

    Regards Jolene

    ReplyDelete